Interscholastic Sports and Activities
First Nine Weeks:
|Football||Mr. Collier||70209||Football Schedule|
|Boys Soccer||Mr. Haskins||Boys Soccer Schedule|
|Girls Soccer||Mr. Nunn||Girls Soccer Schedule|
|One Act||Ms. Brangan||70212||One Act Schedule|
Second Nine Weeks:
|Boys Basketball||Mr. Croxton||70246||Boys Basketball Schedule|
|Girls Basketball||Ms. Sawyer||70236||Girls Basketball Schedule|
|Academic Challenge||Ms. Taylor||84933||Academic Challenge Schedule|
Third Nine Weeks:
|Wrestling||Mr. Golden||70278||Wrestling Schedule|
|Girls Volleyball||Ms. Bradley||70255||Girls Volleyball Schedule|
Fourth Nine Weeks:
|Baseball||Mr. Tyler||70302||Baseball Schedule|
|Softball||Mr. Whitlinger||70242||Softball Schedule|
|Boys Track||Mr. Collier||70209||Boys Track Schedule|
|Girls Track||Ms. Sawyer||70236||Girls Track Schedule|
|Field Hockey||TBA||Field Hockey Schedule|
Requirements for Participation:
- Physicals: a recent physical form dated after May 1, 2013 by a doctor/physician must be on file in the Student Activities Office before try-outs. Physical forms can be obtained from the main office or by clicking on the following link: Athletic Physical Form. Please note that the blue “School Entrance Health Forms” found at most doctors’ offices are not accepted as athletic physical forms.
- Physicals are NOT required for Debate, Academic Challenge, One-Act Play, or Forensics
- Grade Point Average: minimum 2.0 GPA for the previous semester having passed at least 5 classes (eligibility information)
- Discipline: a student must be in good standing with the school
- Age requirement: A student must not turn 15 years old on or before August 1st of the school year in which he/she desires to compete.
- Semester Rule: A student is only eligible for 6 consecutive semesters during middle school, with the 1st semester beginning when the child enters the 6th grade. Therefore, any student who repeats a grade while in middle school will not be eligible after their 6th semester of middle school.
- Try-outs for cheerleading occur in May/June. Please check the website's main page for current information. Their interscholastic season is August through March and must meet eligibility requirements again at the semester break mid-year.
- All grade levels are encouraged to participate – our teams are made up of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
Intramural Sports Program
- What is it? Recreational games and activities played “for fun” competing against other Plaza students.
- Various sports/activities conducted each nine weeks for 2 days each week: Mondays and Wednesdays. No physical form is required to participate.
- Do not need to try-out, but must have a parent-signed application to stay after school and participate. Applications are available at the beginning of each 9 weeks session.
If you have any questions regarding the intramurals program, please contact Ms Kelly Bradley.
For more information about sports and activities, please contact the Student Activities Coordinator
Ms. Beth Wydra at 648-4921.